International collaboration offers the opportunity to improve medical care in innovative ways through the sharing of ideas, the teaching of new clinical skills, and the adoption of best practices. Sir Run Run Shaw Hospital has embraced their opportunities in international collaboration in order to better our patients. Our international partners, whether institutional or individual foreign clinicians working at our hospital, have been a big part of giving our patients treatment opportunities they can not gain in any other way. The successes resulting from each individual partnership have helped SRRSH reach its goal of modernizing treatment for better patient outcomes.Mayo Clinic Care Network (USA) https://carenetworkmembers.mayoclinic.org/
● SRRSH planned to establish cooperative relations with Mayo Clinic in 2015.
● SRRSH signed the agreement with Mayo Clinic and officially joined the Mayo Clinic Care Network in 2017
● Longest partnership starting in 1991 covering all aspects of health care
● Over 1000 people have participated in medical exchange, including hands-on training in a new program
launched in 2011
● Over 350 SRRSH staff have received mentorship training from Loma Linda University
● Loma Linda leaders have received provincial and national awards for their service to Zhejiang Province
● Pioneered first dental hygiene program in China in 2009
● Implemented internal medicine residency program in 2011
● Offered medical leadership training conferences in China starting in 2012
● Established heart center exchange program starting in 2010
● Built China Project office to broaden partnership to cover entire hospital
● Their China Project has facilitated surgeon exchanges since 2005
● Participated in hiring expert long-term staff for SRRSH
● Established international exchange of clinicians in 2010
● Common goals of improving hospital management and standards
There are many other important individuals and institutions whom we are proud to have partnered with, including the University of Columbia(USA), New York-Presbyterian Hospital(USA), Mayo Clinic(USA), Genesys Regional Medical Center(USA), the University of Zurich(Switzerland), Yonsei University Severance Hospital & Chungbuk National University(South Korea). We appreciate and recognize the successes that every partnership has brought.
At SRRSH we are proud of our record of ensuring that partnerships are successful for both the partner organization and the patients we serve. As a public teaching hospital, SRRSH offers many advantages to partners interested in Chinese healthcare as a result of our connections to Zhejiang University and the Zhejiang Health Bureau. We also have a very high case load allowing physicians to see a variety of clinically rare diseases. All of these successes are made possible by the cultural understanding and language capabilities of our staff. Overall, SRRSH is a very strong partner for those healthcare institutions interested in building cross-culture collaborations.